Deep Cleaning Vinyl Flooring
Here are a few fantastic tips for cleaning your vinyl floor more deeply.
1. Try using dish soap. Prepare a mixture of apple cider vinegar and hot water, and add a teaspoon of dish soap. The dish soap will help to get tough stains that have crusted onto the floor especially if they are greasy. Use a mop to clean.
2. Scratched areas should be treated with oil or WD-40. Vinyl flooring can very easily get scratched, but there is a very easy way to treat it. If you put WD-40 on a soft cloth and wipe it onto the surface, the scratches will disappear. Larger problems may not just disappear, but they will seem much less visible.
3. Use baking soda for stains. Mix baking soda into a past with water, and then scrub the floor with it using a soft cloth. This can help get rid of wine or berry juice stains. Baking soda is a lightly abrasive substance, so it effectively gets rids of many types of stains.
4. If there is make-up or paint stains, try using alcohol. Rubbing alcohol will eliminate the stains without doing any damage to the vinyl. To get rid of nail polish, you can try using a nail-polish remover but without acetone. Remover with acetone can damage the vinyl.
5. Use a nylon scrubber. If you find a stain that is extra hard to get off, then you may want to try a nylon scrubber. Just be sure that you aren’t using one that is too hard or stiff, because it may damage the floor by scratching it.
6. Rinse the floor with clean water to get rid of residues. Once you have cleaned the stains, rinse the floor again to make sure none of it sticks back on or gets damaged again.